Share | 

New Uniforms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RomanJacket45
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: New Uniforms   Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:41 am

I like the new unis and wish the blue helmets had been allowed, and to all the old folks who don't:

Players and recruits do not want to look like they are from 1960. We really have had no identity since those days anyway and with a new scheme, totally new unis can help mkae that identity.

Coach Dodd was an up to date coach for his era, why don't you all follow his example?
Yesterday is gone and the future is in recruits and players and young fans and students, most of whom will like the fact that we don't look garish and outdated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:14 am

Links or image of new uni's anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:15 am

I have it I was the one who took the pic on my phone, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:23 am

yeah I read about the trouble in the other thread... no worries... I can wait. My bro has a #21 from CJ's days.... I'm kinda pissed because he's getting to reuse it for another 4 with Burnett in there Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:24 am

But the AD told me not to put it up so I am not going to push it. You guys can put it on from other blogs or I can mail it to you
Back to top Go down
theDude47
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Personally, I don't care if we wear polka dots, as long as we beat U(sic)GA next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:37 pm

I agree it is about time we beat them!

Last edited by TheMachine on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GTWrangler
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Blue Helmet   Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:55 pm

I've got to know, what did it look like? I know there is a high school in Georgia that has a "buzz" icon on their helmet. I always thought that would be pretty cool. Granted, I like the old school looking "Buzz", the one that looked more like a mosquito. It would be interesting to work that into the uniform somehow. Hell, I think having the wreck somewhere on the uniform might be cool. Could be something similar to the way Purdue had the train icon on the front of their unis awhile back (if memory serves).

When do the fans find out officially about the uniforms? I know this is a silly topic, but when you consider the merchandise tie ins, and trying to get new fans, uniforms are something that matters. Itís probably the only reason the Raiders are still popular (assuming none of our guys get drafted there, otherwise they are suddenly relevant again). Anyone that says uniforms arenít important need only look at before and after pictures of Tampa Bay. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:25 pm

I agree being a Tampa Bay fan they did improve!!! Not sure about our uniforms other then the pic I took a while back. I will find something out again soon.
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:25 pm

TheMachine wrote:
I agree being a Tampa Bay fan they did improve!!! Not sure about our uniforms other then the pic I took a while back. I will find something out again soon.
Okay here goes my kick on the unis.I like the old style that yall used as away unifoms.I like traditional views and although I agree the team makes some concessions to what they play in just remmeber what GOL said when he became head coach.He said white tops and gold pants was tech football.I agree,icould go on and on about tradition saying the United States has not changed it flag or that LSU and Penn State and OSU and Auburn and Tenn and others feel you follow the tradition as a youngplayer rather than the tradition following you.Yall looked a hell of a lot better in the visiting unis than you did in Vandy yellow.I even like the ACC championship unis butnot the Vandy rags.All I can say is when I grew up and got a ticket to see Tech play they looked classy with Dodd in a expensive suit,coaching shoes and a Hat and tech in white tops with blue numbers and gold pants.We looked classy and played likeit.Like I have said on other blogs,if we win we can play naked.So what we have is young folks wanting VT unis and retro ones and middle aged and older wanting the old ones.Hope we compromise.Thanks for listening to ranting from an old man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:34 pm

TheMachine wrote:

Still the same uni's.

From what I understand white tops and gold pants will be the home uni with the blue jersey's sneaking in over time....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:38 pm

33jacket wrote:
TheMachine wrote:

Still the same uni's.

From what I understand white tops and gold pants will be the home uni with the blue jersey's sneaking in over time....
How about the pin striping and the slash on the pants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
droopyGT
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:53 pm

33jacket wrote:

Sounds like the best plan to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:55 pm

still talking about this....i thought this would be over after like 2 blogs, but its still going!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:36 pm

-Zack- wrote:
still talking about this....i thought this would be over after like 2 blogs, but its still going!
Its called tradition my friend.We would like to see us looking decent at least so we can gear up for the season.May be an old guy thing but inquiring minds want to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nwgatech
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:46 pm

"Its up with the White and Gold...." but I don't care if you dress them in pink if they beat the Red and Black....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Uniforms   

Back to top Go down

New Uniforms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1