Share | 

What Scott Kennedy Had To Say......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IrishE
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What Scott Kennedy Had To Say......   Thu May 08, 2008 8:40 am

I think Tech Head summed it up best on Bbuzzoff.com....

1. Recruiting rankings do matter, but it is not a fined tuned process, the difference between 10th and 12th best RB is none. Many fans believe rankings only matter if there team are ranked high.

2. Message boards have no impact on recruiting. Everybody has the same group of fans, every team has fans who are upset with the coaches, universal law, and fans who believe this want to feel they are involved, these fans say don't say anything bad or it will kill us, it makes them feel better if they think they are contributing, but really they are not. Parents, and players dont want to be lied to, if they are playing like crap they want to hear it.

3. Negative impact of the Triple Option has been negative on the offensive side of the ball as far as recruiting goes. Scott stated, "Some players are having a wait and see approach and in some cases not even taking a wait and see approach and flat out crossing GT off the list." Lot of negative recruiting going on, and it will take us to start winning to get recruits on offense. WR do not want to play in this offense, besides RB. Untill we show what we are going to do.

4. Scott doesn't agree with the whole Paul Johnson is not looking for the top rated recruits. Scott stated, "That is coming from fans, when you underrecruit your going to play down to your expectation, and you always want to get the best guy who fits your system, but you can do that with great athletes."

5. Last years class was fair. He said it in nicer terms, and also said it is to be expected in transition. I agree with him and stated this before, last year was a average year recruiting.

6. Nesbitt stud, Shaw good but no Nesbitt.

7. Offers don't matter in determing stars, coaches do care about how recruiting services rank players, and he does not give stars due to what team a player commits to. In fact coaches call him sometimes because they don't have as many people and time to get to see all the players

9. Before SMith Gailey ignore GA early, and was battling Temple for players

10. Seems we have a bunch of potentialy good players, but some things have not clicked yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
IrishE
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Scott Kennedy Had To Say......   Thu May 08, 2008 8:51 am

You can check the show out yourself here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Machine/2008/05/08/Meet-The-Machine
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
RomanJacket45
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: What Scott Kennedy Had To Say......   Sat May 10, 2008 10:06 am

Battling TEMPLE for players? That's the problem with lots of NFL coaches in college, they don't understand recruiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: What Scott Kennedy Had To Say......   Sun May 11, 2008 12:04 am

That was a great and informational show last week. I appreciate what all you guys are doing. I am looking forward to next weeks show with Giff Smith. You guys are setting the bar very high, it is going to be hard to keep this up, but you guys surprise me each week. Roman I agree about the pro coach not getting the recruiting factor, except a few most just concentrate on X and O's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GT_Fox
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: What Scott Kennedy Had To Say......   Mon May 12, 2008 11:13 am

It usually takes NFL coaches a while to get used to the recruiting scene in college. but some definitely have a better grasp than others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Scott Kennedy Had To Say......   

Back to top Go down

What Scott Kennedy Had To Say......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1