Let me say this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck

PostSubject: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:34 am

I posted this on stingtalk and has created a bunch of fuss check it out, I cant read all that bogus chatter!

I am reading all these post and don't get the fights!? I am a Tech player/fan and want to make a good show and get listeners from all boards. I feel like I entered a war and everyone acts like I am joining with the enemy? I am not a gossip person, I dont care what BeBad may or may not have said, I care to unite the GT family and have a interesting show. If BeeBad is as bad as you all say he is then he will be kicked off the show in no time. Expressing thoughts and opinions is a part of football as it makes it fun and interesting. LETS FORGIVE, FORGET AND LOVE YOUR FELLOW GT BROTHER.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
droopyGT
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:40 am

Excellent post Machine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:00 am

TheMachine wrote:
I posted this on stingtalk and has created a bunch of fuss check it out, I cant read all that bogus chatter!

I am reading all these post and don't get the fights!? I am a Tech player/fan and want to make a good show and get listeners from all boards. I feel like I entered a war and everyone acts like I am joining with the enemy? I am not a gossip person, I dont care what BeBad may or may not have said, I care to unite the GT family and have a interesting show. If BeeBad is as bad as you all say he is then he will be kicked off the show in no time. Expressing thoughts and opinions is a part of football as it makes it fun and interesting. LETS FORGIVE, FORGET AND LOVE YOUR FELLOW GT BROTHER.

What do you guys think?

Hey machine got a show idea. Have Beebad and a stingtalker, or hiver go at it in a debate. I think this will bring together the masses. Each group will want to see how his representive performs. Just a idea. I think some boards might be a little envious since Beebad is a specail guest on the show and this might give some represntation to another board.

The ultimate GT message board showdown, BBuzzoff vs Stingtalk vs The Hive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBad
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:20 am

Good idea Tech Head altho we couldn't have the owner of Stingtalk, gtfan on the debate. He's a member of BuzzOFF and has publicly stated that he likes the board. So it wouldn't be much of a debate. LOL

People forget that gtfan was the "BeeBad" of his day and Stingtalk was the "renegade" board back then. He was banned for dumping on O'Leary and everyone hated him and his "outcast" board. His preference now is to use "fake" nicknames so he can blend into the board rather than be higher profile and take all the crap that you do when you are visible. To each his own, I prefer to use the same nickname and let people know who I am.

Someday when Paul Johnson doesn't win every game someone else will open a board with people who don't like Johnson and then that board will become the "renegade" board and the owner will be the "new" BeeBad. This stuff seems to run in 5 year cycles.

My hat is in the ring and will take on anyone from another board who is willing to come out from behind their computer and debate. If no representatives step forward from the other boards and accept the challenge then perhaps that is self-explanatory.

If the right people from the other 2 boards step forward that battle could be a main event in any arena in the country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:01 am

BeeBad wrote:

My hat is in the ring and will take on anyone from another board who is willing to come out from behind their computer and debate. If no representatives step forward from the other boards and accept the challenge then perhaps that is self-explanatory.

If the right people from the other 2 boards step forward that battle could be a main event in any arena in the country.

BAM its on! Who wants the mean, bad BEE! Stateline want some? What a match up with plenty of hate. Maybe BOR, or Getelee, or some hiver who hates the mean Bee.

Lets get ready to rumble. Lets get it all out so we can put it in the past

BTW funny thing that the stingtalk man likes BBO, and even posts there, good to know. Wonder who he is on BBO? Any ideas people?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MidnightJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:53 am

Tech Head wrote:

Have Beebad and a stingtalker, or hiver go at it in a debate. I think this will bring together the masses.

Just a heads up, I feel a long winded sappy post coming on, so I'm just going to go ahead and lay it out there...

Referring to Head - Would it be a fun show to listen to? Yeah, I think it'd be great entertainment, and if we were lucky, it might even be productive assuming you get good representives like BB and Machine's.

But honestly, I don't think this is a good idea, I don't think it will bring together the masses only further separate us and making people feel like they need to choose a side (if they havn't already, which is the problem). Not that there's anything wrong with anyone remaining a "BO'er" or "Hiver" or "Stingtalker", but this would encourage more of a hurtful rivalry thing, as opposed to more of a residence thing. (Such as guy 1 being from Atlanta and guy 2 being from Chicago, and though they are from 2 different communities, they are both GT fans and are glad to have each other on their side come gameday.)

And even on this board, the board that seeks to drop the walls between GT fans, there is a lot of bickering and bitterness considering the amount of posts per day. And unfortunately, I think the only thing that will heal most of the problems is time, and even worse, some people are just so caught up in the past that they probably won't ever forgive and forget. It's just like some of the older contributers refuse to buy season tickets to the stadium with the new PSL. They can't get past their own issues to see that it will benefit the whole of GT in the long run. And I'm not saying we all have to like each other, I'm just saying those who hate BB or those who hate the Hive, it's time to wake up and realize we're all just GT fans who want to see the best for our beloved program. Hell, I definately spend the most time on the Hive and love the forum, but even I can't believe someone would ban a player, the Machine nonetheless, from the forum. But even the guy who did it is a GT fan at heart, and in his own way means well. So before we condemn him, remember he's got his own flare of BB that he just expresses a little different.

Anyway, it's ridiculous that I say this, because BB already spouted off something similar several times, but maybe because it comes from his mouth some people just aren't willing to listen to it.

Machine, I think your post would go over great on the Hive, if it would even be needed (and ofcourse, assuming you still had an active account), because for the most part the forum is overwhelmed with fresh GT faces everyday that are just looking to be apart of the family. Sure, there's a small minority of posters that have been there forever, but I think due to sheer numbers, most of the posts would be something like "water under the bridge with BO, let's move on". And while there are fresh faces on Stingtalk, I feel like these are mainly posters who have already had a bad experience with either BO or the Hive and is why they probably started posting primarily on Stingtalk to begin with.

And for those who don't identify themselves as a BO'er, you have to admit that BO has changed so much since the regime change. IMO, it's become a lot like Stingtalk in that the board is primarily dominated by its well known community and you get a lot of great topics with deep well thought out posts from most of the members of that community. Maybe it's because BO "won" and most people from all boards will definately agree about Gailey, but we all lost in the long run - either way, BO appears ready to move on, and I think now's a great oppurtunity to do so with the fact that Johnson appears to be a solid hire and has already begun making great efforts to unite and excite the GT family about our team.

This is all simply my opinion, and perhaps a nice talk like BB's and Machine's would actually do good, as their debate actually did surprise quite a few. But the problem I see with this proposal is that I could sit down and make a list of positives and negatives about each great GT forum, but that wouldn't change the heart of the real problem for those who still have a problem.

I know Stateline made a post to Vamos the other day in regards to saying he thought Vamos was in the minority on Tech fans who are already moved on past BB and his community, but I think State's in the minority. And please don't take this as an insult or attack State, I think you're an excellent poster that always gives a great perspective providing a lot of insight with your own unique posts, this is just simply how I feel on the topic.

My remedy - time. I think having the Machine doing this great thing he's doing with putting out information and a radio show and trying to bring the Tech fans together is going to be a big key in helping unify the fanbase that much faster. And honestly, BB teaming up on the show will only help heal those divides as people who want to support the Machine will be forced to eventually hear BB and see that he generally does mean well, whether or not they like him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phatman30318
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:40 am

Board fighting is quite possibly the most retarded thing I've ever heard of. The whole purpose of these boards is to discuss the PROGRAM, not stroke people's ego.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: I'll be happy to post the info....   Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:39 am

Just let me know and ?I will post the info on the hive. I am not married to that name.. I can always get a new one since I don't pay for the site... If you want I will be happy to spread the Good Word......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTWannabee
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:56 am

MidnightJacket wrote:
Tech Head wrote:

Have Beebad and a stingtalker, or hiver go at it in a debate. I think this will bring together the masses.

Referring to Head - Would it be a fun show to listen to? Yeah, I think it'd be great entertainment, and if we were lucky, it might even be productive assuming you get good representives like BB and Machine's.

But honestly, I don't think this is a good idea, I don't think it will bring together the masses only further separate us and making people feel like they need to choose a side (if they havn't already, which is the problem). Not that there's anything wrong with anyone remaining a "BO'er" or "Hiver" or "Stingtalker", but this would encourage more of a hurtful rivalry thing, as opposed to more of a residence thing. (Such as guy 1 being from Atlanta and guy 2 being from Chicago, and though they are from 2 different communities, they are both GT fans and are glad to have each other on their side come gameday.)

And even on this board, the board that seeks to drop the walls between GT fans, there is a lot of bickering and bitterness considering the amount of posts per day. And unfortunately, I think the only thing that will heal most of the problems is time, and even worse, some people are just so caught up in the past that they probably won't ever forgive and forget.

I have to agree with this. It would be fun to listen to - especially if we let Wrecks and GeeTeeLee "debate" it out. But there would be an awkward feeling for the rest of the show. Then the hatred would be fueled again.

Best option - ignore the fights and let GT's success heel the wounds. I, personally am neutral to all of this now. I don't have as much emotion built up as I've only been posting for two years.

I'll even commend Beebad (dang that hurts) for nuking a post on his board aimed at fueling the flames.

It will take a long time for everyone to forgive and even longer to forget.

Ok, time for an emote to break this crap up: farao Speaking of emotes, can we lose the "I Love You" emote? Seriously, it's a sports board. There's no room for that. New war proposed - the war against feminine emotes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:32 am

lol, I did not notice that but I may use it in the BOTD forum, for the posted babe of course!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:53 am

I I love you beer and boobs....see now that wasn't so gay after all was it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTWannabee
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:27 pm

TheMachine wrote:
lol, I did not notice that but I may use it in the BOTD forum, for the posted babe of course!

That reminds me, I'm off to post one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:26 pm

[quote="GTWannabee"][quote="MidnightJacket"]
Tech Head wrote:

I have to agree with this. It would be fun to listen to - especially if we let Wrecks and GeeTeeLee "debate" it out. But there would be an awkward feeling for the rest of the show. Then the hatred would be fueled again.

Best option - ignore the fights and let GT's success heel the wounds. I, personally am neutral to all of this now. I don't have as much emotion built up as I've only been posting for two years.

I'll even commend Beebad (dang that hurts) for nuking a post on his board aimed at fueling the flames.

It will take a long time for everyone to forgive and even longer to forget.

Ok, time for an emote to break this crap up: farao Speaking of emotes, can we lose the "I Love You" emote? Seriously, it's a sports board. There's no room for that. New war proposed - the war against feminine emotes.

Well we all agree it would be fun to listen to. I do disagree with you guys somewhat. The hate can't be fueled anymore IMO, and time is not going to heal this thing. We have had tons of time and it has done little. The other thing is the people who dislike Bee but want to support Machine are already doing so, and I don't see anymore making that switch JMO. If Machine brought a member from each board it would bring more people to the machine board, and blog radio. It might not bring us together anymore, but sappy post and time won't either. At least in the debate situation everyone feels they are represented by the machine, we are entertained, and regardless of the hate their is a forum that the difference can be talked about. See mostly in the past their is very little conversation/debate because one board talks about the other board on their board, while the other board talks about the other board on their board. In a blog debate their would be a back and forth discussion, kind of like what we have had a little with stateline and Bee on the message board, but with the debate it will bring more people to the blog, and message board to continue it. People fail to realize that some of this does need to be processed/debate and not ignored to get better. That is why there is such strong reaction from the hurt members when others tell them to just drop it, and get over it, these people want to be heard. Worst case it can't get any worse, we are entertained, and more people tune in on machines radio show. JMO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MidnightJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:32 pm

Tech Head wrote:
That is why there is such strong reaction from the hurt members when others tell them to just drop it, and get over it, these people want to be heard. Worst case it can't get any worse

lol, interesting perspective Head, I had not thought about it like that before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTORLANDO
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:45 pm

There is only 1 debate that needs to be done and that is between,

BeeBad and RamblinReck of the Hive.........

It is the only one I want to hear, and the only one that will settle this crap once and for all.

But RamblinReck will suck up his underwear and act like none of us exist. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:04 pm

GTORLANDO wrote:

It is the only one I want to hear, and the only one that will settle this crap once and for all.

But RamblinReck will suck up his underwear and act like none of us exist. Evil or Very Mad

Why RR vs BB? What is the history there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:06 pm

GApanther and 33jacket would be a pretty good one.. Free vs Pay........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BUZZingFAN
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:15 pm

geebee2 wrote:

Don't you mean good (33) vs. evil (georgiapanther)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTORLANDO
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:38 pm

Tech Head wrote:
GTORLANDO wrote:

Why RR vs BB? What is the history there?

RR has spent the last 5 years pretending BBuzzoff does not exist. In my early years I typed in the word BBuzzoff, and it was nuked. Later I tried talking about "the other board," it was nuked. You will never get RR to acknowledge that BBuzzoff is even a message board. In his mind, if you don't acknowledge the presence of an item, then it was never there. He once made the statement that, "He knew I had made negative comments on another board."

The emphasis has always been thAT BBuzzoff caused a split in the fan base over Chan Gailey, it was RR and the Hive that caused it because they never would take off the Gold Colored Glasses to see that Ga Tech football was dying by the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:26 pm

geebee2 wrote:

Hey Gee looks like I am gaining on your stars, teams are really understanding my value affraid Great idea Gee with free vs pay.

This is really getting interesting so far we have in a cage match:

1. Beebad vs RR
2. Ga Panther vs 33

I will throw in two more
1. Barrel of Rum vs Beebad (long history of love and hate) or Knox vs Bad
2. Black Prix vs. Geeteeleee in fact they have already started it

Or what about Tech Head vs Gee Bee you know you couldn't hold my stars Gee, get off me!

Last edited by Tech Head on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm stupid, misspelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:35 pm

Tech Head wrote:
geebee2 wrote:

Hey Gee looks like I am gaining on your stars, teams are really understanding my value affraid Great idea Gee with free vs pay.

1. Beebad vs RR
2. Ga Panther vs Beebad

I will throw in two more
2. Black Prix vs. Stateline in fact they have already started it

Or what about Tech Head vs Gee Bee you know you couldn't hold my stars Gee, get off me!

I like all your matches except the last one. I am a 4 star who is going to be a 5 star in a matter of hours.. I have mad skills on all sites.... Newberg said that my talent is raw, but my 5.6 40 was off the charts. He also said my white boy verticle of 14" broke all combine white boy records.. I am going to be the first one and done Football player in college football history..... Your rating is also inflated since the word leaked out that I would only sign if they take you too. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MidnightJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:39 pm

geebee2 wrote:

He also said my white boy verticle of 14" broke all combine white boy records.

Laughing nice, I could only imagine the havoc you could cause on both the offense and defense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:39 pm

geebee2 wrote:
Tech Head wrote:
geebee2 wrote:

1. Beebad vs RR
2. Ga Panther vs Beebad

I will throw in two more
2. Black Prix vs. Stateline in fact they have already started it

I like all your matches except the last one. I am a 4 star who is going to be a 5 star in a matter of hours.. I have mad skills on all sites.... Newberg said that my talent is raw, but my 5.6 40 was off the charts. He also said my white boy verticle of 14" broke all combine white boy records.. I am going to be the first one and done Football player in college football history..... Your rating is also inflated since the word leaked out that I would only sign if they take you too.

lol! Good one Gee.

I have got one more to throw into the cage

Helluva Mg vs GtOrlando (Dem vs Rep) good stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GEETEELEE
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Let me say this.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:02 pm

*sigh*

GTO. Irrelevant as ever.
Back to top Go down