Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Future of the Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz


Posts : 71
Join date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Future of the Show   Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:21 pm

Machine,

Once you get drafted are you still going to keep the radio show going? I am just wondering because I think it is becoming a great way to get all the fans, from all the opposing boards, back together to focus on beating UGAG.

What are your ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTORLANDO
JacketFan
JacketFan


Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Show   Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:34 am

bdobbins79 wrote:
Machine,

Once you get drafted are you still going to keep the radio show going? I am just wondering because I think it is becoming a great way to get all the fans, from all the opposing boards, back together to focus on beating UGAG.

What are your ideas?

I agree, this show and site needs to go on. This is having a major impact on Tech fans and most of them don't even know it. When football season starts the combination of The Machine, BBuzzoff and the live show, will become the instant information sources for Tech fans. Stingtalk, Hive, you better figure out how to get on board or get left in the dust. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2008-03-17
Age : 32
Location : Atlanta, GA

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Show   Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:25 pm

It wil go on with BeeBad and Irish-E for sure, I will make the show whenever I can which should be every show. The great thing is I can call into the show no matter where I end up. The show will talk about the NFL and College in the future as it kinda doe now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
DressedCheeseSide
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
avatar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Show   Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:37 pm

suggestion for the long, hot summer when not much is going on:

(edited, more ideas added)

1. get current players on to talk about what they are doing to prepare for fall camp. Most of us average fans have no idea what "unsupervised workouts" are. Get inside info on how Josh/ the Oline/ the A backs/ Dwyer are progressing on blocking techniques, pitching the ball, catching pitches, etc...

2. get GT alum/NFL players to talk about "the glory days" and about life in the NFL

3. get coaches and grad assistants to shed some light on recruiting, etc...

4. get some of the incoming freshmen to talk about their decision to come to Tech and what their expectations are

5. get former players(Navy, GSU, HA) of CPJ to talk about coach and the TO.

6. if a particular guest cannot call in live, do a taped interview. Take questions in advance from fans on the forum.

The beauty of your show is the guests don't have to physically be in studio with the hosts. They can call in from anywhere. If you do taped-in-advance interviews, it becomes even more flexible for the quests.

My point is you need special guests to really bring in the listeners. Listening to Irish E and Beebad read chatroom questions for an hour and a half ain't gonna get it.

Anyway good luck this weekend, hope you go high in the draft!!! Maybe you'll somehow land in ATL or in Jax, where I live.


Last edited by DressedCheeseSide on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTORLANDO
JacketFan
JacketFan


Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Show   Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:11 pm

I have mention to John Davis about coming on the show, but he hasn't given an answer.

Machine he is moverofthefridge on the Hive and Stingtalk, and it would be great to have a Tech star from the 80's on the show, maybe you could PM him and invite him on the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2008-03-17
Age : 32
Location : Atlanta, GA

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Show   Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:57 pm

GTORLANDO wrote:
I have mention to John Davis about coming on the show, but he hasn't given an answer.

Machine he is moverofthefridge on the Hive and Stingtalk, and it would be great to have a Tech star from the 80's on the show, maybe you could PM him and invite him on the show.

good idea, I will!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
IrishE
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Show   Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:58 pm

DressedCheeseSide wrote:
suggestion for the long, hot summer when not much is going on:

(edited, more ideas added)

1. get current players on to talk about what they are doing to prepare for fall camp. Most of us average fans have no idea what "unsupervised workouts" are. Get inside info on how Josh/ the Oline/ the A backs/ Dwyer are progressing on blocking techniques, pitching the ball, catching pitches, etc...

2. get GT alum/NFL players to talk about "the glory days" and about life in the NFL

3. get coaches and grad assistants to shed some light on recruiting, etc...

4. get some of the incoming freshmen to talk about their decision to come to Tech and what their expectations are

5. get former players(Navy, GSU, HA) of CPJ to talk about coach and the TO.

6. if a particular guest cannot call in live, do a taped interview. Take questions in advance from fans on the forum.

The beauty of your show is the guests don't have to physically be in studio with the hosts. They can call in from anywhere. If you do taped-in-advance interviews, it becomes even more flexible for the quests.

My point is you need special guests to really bring in the listeners. Listening to Irish E and Beebad read chatroom questions for an hour and a half ain't gonna get it.

Anyway good luck this weekend, hope you go high in the draft!!! Maybe you'll somehow land in ATL or in Jax, where I live.

All fantastic ideas, and all things that we have tossed about (except for the taped interviews.... good call!) and trust me we are working on ways to make them all possible... This however, is where the listeners come in... tell EVERYONE you know about the show... it is hard to get special guests and interviews when they think only 20 people will be listening. The more we can prove that this show is a commanding voice of GT athletics... the more likely we can get all your requests fulfilled and more!!!

As always DCS... thanks for being one of our best listeners who always seems to take the time to catch the show...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
MidnightJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan


Posts : 16
Join date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Show   Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:56 pm

I love the show as well, glad to hear it will atleast continue in some form no matter what. After this, I don't think I can ever go back to listening to 790.

But I don't think this is an alignment of BO with the Machine. BO still stands strong as its own evolving forum, as Machine's forum is starting to develop its foundation, and I think the fruit will be shown come Fall when most people really start posting regularly. The big difference between BO and the other boards is that the owner, BB, is making a big effort on his site for the posters to get interactive with this site as well. I'd bet there are quite a few more Hivers lurking over this forum and listening to the show than you might think.

Keep in mind, BB IMO hasn't plugged BO very much at all (it's been mainly by E and the Machine), so it's not like BO is getting some massive advantage over the other forums, it's just their community appears to be more willing to unite the fanbase simply because the more well known names are posting here (and that in itself will reap its own rewards with a changing reputation as time continues).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Future of the Show   

Back to top Go down
 
Future of the Show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Wings and Wheels Car Show, Warner Robins GA Oct. 11 2008
» Longest Hitter Puts on a Show
» Plushenko show in Bratislava
» 10th Annual Wood Hudson Car Show
» japan Golf show....enjoy!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meet The Machine :: Meet The Machine-
Jump to: