Share | 

Thoughts on new DC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xenoabe
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Thoughts on new DC   Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Hey Machine, this is Justin Smith (student trainer for 2004 and 2006 seasons). I was just wondering if you knew what guys thought of the new DC. I know most of you liked how Tenuta ran things and I was wondering if they think the Defense will stay about the same or change quite a bit.

Also, do you know if practice will be closed for the Spring? I would think Clay could get me in, but I just wanted to see if I need to get a pass or something from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new DC   Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:10 pm

As far as I know practice is open for the spring, but if not Yes Clay would be able to get you in or at least I would think.

Everyone I have talked to loves the new Defensive Scheme, it is aggressive just like Tenuta's. There will not be quite as much blitzing but the defense will have the same kind of "get after it" mentality. We still have Coach Smith my D-line coach and coach B.J and believe me they will have the players ready. The players are still learning the plays but what I have heard so far is that we will have more defensive front then we had before with Tenuta. Which will help confuse the offense more pre-snap compared to JT's defense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: ..   Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:45 pm

Also heard we will be using more secondary coverage combinations throughout the year, rather than what...70% cover 3 like in the past....so this will help too I think. Especially with bump and run in man or more cover 2 and man combos....THAT is what I am really excited about if true...

is that what you guys are seeing/hearing more secondary covg mixes and combinations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new DC   Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:34 pm

I am going to have to get some of the current players on here when they get back from spring break to give you a great answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.meetthemachine.com
GTWrangler
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Curious about secondary coverage myself   Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:25 am

Not the football expert that many are, but it seems like the last couple of years we were always getting hammered by the quick release, or the quick slant. We never seemed to have a defensive scheme that would allow us to bump the receiver at the line, and disrupt the quick timing routes (as our corners were always five miles of the receiver. )

Also, will the DC be on the sidelines this year, or up in the box. I know being in the box gives you a better view of the field, but doesn't that effect your ability to communicate with the kids on the ground? I've always been curious about the pros and cons of that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new DC   

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on new DC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1